Over at The Book Vixen, 2011 reading challenges have been announced. Of those, I’ve joined two of them. The Outdo Yourself Challenge and Men in Uniform Challenge. Click the pictures for more information!
The goal of the Outdo Yourself Challenge is to read more books during the year 2011 than you did during 2010. I read 157 books during the year of 2010 so I’ll be going for 163-167 books for 2011.
The books you choose can be any format (hard-copy, audiobooks, and eBooks) and re-reads and books that crossover into other challenges are fine as well.
The levels for the challenge are as follows:
Getting my heart rate up – Read 1–5 more books
Out of breath – Read 6-10 more books
Breaking a sweat – Read 11-15 more books
I’m on fire! – Read 16+ more books
Track my 2011 progress here. As soon as I’m caught up with 2010, I’ll start listing the books qualifying for this challenge.
The Men in Uniform Challenge. Once I saw this I knew I could not resist, so here I am, signed up for the challenge. 🙂
The goal of this challenge is to read as many books involving men in uniform as your heart desires. It does not matter if they are policemen, firefighters, or armed services so long as the main man wears some sort of uniform. Overlaps with other challenges are allowed and no restrictions are placed on formats (hard copies, digital copies, etc). The challenge runs from January 1, 2011 thru December 31, 2011, but you can sign up at any time.
The levels are:
Sergeant – Read 1–5 men in uniform novels
Lieutenant – Read 6–10 men in uniform novels
Captain – Read 11–15 men in uniform novels
Chief – Read 16+ men in uniform novels
My tentative Men in Uniform reading list (bolded titles are read):
1. The Playboy by Carly Philips
2. Slow Hands by Leslie Kelly
3. Crime Scene at Cardwell Ranch by B.J. Daniels
4. SEALed with a Promise by Mary Margret Daughtridge
5. Flashback by Jill Shalvis
6. Maverick (Elite Ops #2) by Lora Leigh
7. The Rebel by Rhonda Nelson
8. SEALed Forever by Mary Margret Daughtridge
9. Morgan (Buckhorn Brothers #2) by Lori Foster
10. Phantom in the Night (BAD #2) by Sherrilyn Kenyon with Diana Love
11. Seeing Red by Jill Shalvis
12. Seducing a S.E.A.L. by Jamie Sobrato
Other possible reads:
Flyboy by Karen Foley
SEALed with a Kiss by Jill Monroe
Lone Star Surrender by Lisa Renee Jones
A Few Good Men by Tori Carrington
The Right Stuff by Lori Wilde