Another challenge, I know, I know… I joined a few 2011 reading challenges then said no more, then I found the Vintage Mystery Challenge, and told myself no more, then I found this e-book reading challenge and said, okay, one more.
The Ladybug Reads is holding the challenge this year, and here is what she has to say:
This challenge was previously hosted by Alaine at Queen of Happy Endings. When she started looking for new homes for the 2011 challenges, I jumped at the chance to host this one. Since getting a Kobo eReader this past year, I’ve started reading more e-books. Since e-readers are now available internationally, a lot more people are going to be reading books in digital format. So why not challenge yourself and read even more?
This challenge starts January 1, 2011 and runs through December 31, 2011.
There are four levels for the challenge:
1. Curious – Read 3 e-books.
2. Fascinated – Read 6 e-books.
3. Addicted – Read 12 e-books.
4. Obsessed – Read 20 e-books.
(Update!) There have been three new levels added to the e-book challenge:
5. Possessed – Read 50 e-books.
6. Fanatical – Read 75 e-books.
7. Monomaniacal – read 100 e-books.
I’m signed up for the Obsessed level to read 20 e-books during 2011. However! I am giving myself a PERSONAL guideline for this challenge. This is NOT a rule being set forth by the host of the challenge. There is no rule saying that overlaps with other challenges are not allowed, but I am not going to count any e-books that I read for other challenges toward this one. Why, you might be wondering, am I placing this restraint on myself… Well I re-counted, and I have somewhere in the neighborhood of 3,000 unread ebooks. That’s a lot. Like, a lot more than I realized (by a lot I’m talking in the neighborhood of 1,000 more than I thought I had. Yeah, like I said. A lot.) So while I know for a fact that some of the books I’ll be reading for other 2011 challenges will be e-books, I’m not counting them towards my 20 for this challenge and they will be listed separately.
(Update!) While I intend to stay signed up for the Obsessed level, I am going to attempt the higher levels since I have so many ebooks to read.
My e-books read:
- Slave (Cat Star Chronicles #1) by Cheryl Brooks
- Romeo, Romeo (Domestic Gods #1) by Robin Kaye
- Love at First Flight by Marie Force
- Soulless (Parasol Protectorate #1) by Gail Carriger
- Desires of a Perfect Lady by Victoria Alexander
- Coming Undone (Brown Siblings #2) by Lauren Dane
- The Heat Is On by Jill Shalvis
- Fantasy Lover (Pre Dark-Hunter) by Sherrilyn Kenyon
- Night Play (Dark-Hunter #5) by Sherrilyn Kenyon
- Seize the Night (Dark-Hunter #6) by Sherrilyn Kenyon
- Sins of the Night (Dark-Hunter #7) by Sherrilyn Kenyon
- The Perfect Bride for Mr. Darcy by Mary Lydon Simonsen
- Tempting the Beast (Breeds #1) by Lora Leigh
- The Man Within (Breeds #2) by Lora Leigh
- Kiss of Heat (Breeds #4) by Lora Leigh
- Darcy’s Voyage by Kara Louise
- Flashback by Jill Shalvis
- Sweet Temptation (Sweet #4) by Maya Banks
- The Darkest Hour (KGI #1) by Maya Banks
- Chasin’ Eight (Rough Riders #11) by Lorelei James
- Pride and Prejudice: The Wild and Wanton Edition by Jane Austen and Michelle Pillow
- The Vampire Voss (Regency Draculia #1) by Colleen Gleason
- The Vampire Dimitri (Regency Draculia #2) by Colleen Gleason
- Ascension (Dark Breeds #1) by Sable Grace
- The Scorpion Queen by Alexis Ke
- Driftwood Cottage (Chesapeake Shores #5) by Sherryl Woods
- Moonlight Cove (Chesapeake Shore #6) by Sherryl Woods
- The Dark Enquiry (Lady Julia Grey #5) by Deanna Raybourn
- No Place to Run (KGI #2) by Maya Banks
- Hidden Away (KGI #3) by Maya Banks
- Sweet Surrender (Sweet #1) by Maya Banks
- Sweet Persuasion (Sweet #2) by Maya Banks
- Sweet Seduction (Sweet #3) by Maya Banks
- Death Row: The Trilogy by Jaid Black
- Sawyer (Buckhorn Brothers #1) by Lori Foster
- Morgan (Buckhorn Brothers #2) by Lori Foster
- Gabe (Buckhorn Brothers #3) by Lori Foster
- Jordan (Buckhorn Brothers #4) by Lori Foster
- Casey (Buckhorn Brothers #5) by Lori Foster
- When You Dare (Men Who Walk t ehe Edge of Honor #1) by Lori Foster
- Trace of Fever (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor #2) by Lori Foster
- Savor the Danger (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor #3) by Lori Foster
- Crazy Hot (Steele Street #1) by Tara Janzen
- Crazy Cool (Steele Street #2) by Tara Janzen
- Crazy Wild (Steele Street #3) by Tara Janzen
- Crazy Kisses (Steele Street #4) by Tara Janzen
- Crazy Love (Steele Street #5) by Tara Janzen
- The Sweetest Taboo by Alison Kent
Thanks for joining! Maybe this will help you make a dent in that huge e-book TBR pile. (If I had 3000 books in any TBR pile, I think my brain would explode from the stress!) 🙂
I’m certainly hoping that I make a dent in the pile. I confess to having the occasional, “O.M.F.G., what am I going to doooo?” moment about the size of my tbr pile, but for the most part I’m able to buckle down and go with the flow.