Musing Mondays: Recent Bookish Purchases
March 21, 2011 § 12 Comments
This week MizB wants to know:
What is the last book you bought? Was it for you? for someone else? Have you read it, yet?
I think it is important for me to start out this post by saying, my name is Hannah, and I have a problem with buying books. By ‘problem’ I do mean that after my last trip to the used bookstore, which was this past Friday no less, I went home with fifty-five new books. Fifty. Five. Now, I’ll admit that I paid about 100 bucks for all of those books and I’ve been known to spend more than that in one trip to Barnes & Noble only to leave with far less, but still…
As for what I got, well you would be here all day if I listed every single book, so I’ll hit some of the highlights.
– Stiffed: The Betrayal of the American Male by Susan Faludi
– Bachelor Girl: The Secret History of Single Women in the Twentieth Century by Betsy Israel
– Human, All Too Human by Friedrich Nietzsche
– Sex is Not a Natural Act and Other Essays by Lenore Tiefer
– A Vindication of the Rights of Woman by Mary Wollstonecraft
In science fiction and fantasy:
– The Ultimate Hitchhiker’s Guide (all five novels and one short story) by Douglas Adams
– Friday, Time Enough for Love, and The Unpleasant Profession of Jonathan Hoag by Robert Heinlein
– The Invisible Man, The Time Machine, and War of the Worlds by H.G. Wells
– Wicked Intentions by Elizabeth Hoyt
– Passion Unleashed and Ecstasy Unveiled by Larissa Ione
– Tell Me No Lies by Elizabeth Lowell
– Love Me If You Dare by Carly Philips
I also added several new Zebra Horror books to my collection, among them:
– Dark Silence and Little Brothers by Rick Hautala
– Vampire Child and Victoria by Ruby Jean Jensen
– Rockabilly Limbo by William Johnstone
– Daddy’s Little Girl by Daniel Ransom
Other books of note:
– The Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood
– Possession by A.S. Byatt
– Blood Dreams and Blood Sins by Kay Hooper
– 24 Hours, Sleep No More, and The Devil’s Punchbowl by Greg Iles
– The Book of Fate by Brad Meltzer
Okay, so that list is a bit longer than I intended, but at least you’re not left wondering, y’know?
What are your recent purchases?