Read-A-Thon Midway Survey
April 9, 2011 § 1 Comment
We’re just past the halfway point of the read-a-thon and there’s a survey to see how things are going. I’m finally done dealing with other stuff so hopfully I’ll be spending the next 11.5 hours reading without any major interuptions.
1. What are you reading right now?
I’m about to get my Darcy and Elizabeth fix with Mary Lydon Simonsen’s The Perfect Bride for Mr. Darcy.
2. How many books have you read so far?
Unfortunately, due to all of the interruptions I’ve only managed to finish two books that I had already started.
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
The book I’m about to start!
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?
I did take the day off from work…
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
I’ve had several. At this point I’m just trying to go with the flow of things.
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
I can’t say I’ve had any, other than the number of people who have interrupted me knowing my plans to participate.
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
I’m enjoying it. The hosts are great, the challenges are great. Seems pretty good to me…
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year?
Turn off the Blackberry.
9. Are you getting tired yet?
Nah, I’ve got coffee going. As always. =]
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?
Getting up and stretching a bit or doing something else for a few minutes helps me stay energized and keep my focus when I am reading.