Read-a-Thon: The Midway Survey
October 22, 2011 § 1 Comment
The read-a-thon has officially hit the halfway point, and we’re celebrating with a mid-event survey.
1. What are you reading right now?
I’m reading Breeding Ground by Sarah Pinborough
2. How many books have you read so far?
I’m currently on my second book.
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
In all honesty, I have no clue. I’m enjoying Breeding Ground for sure, but I have yet to decide what else I’ll be reading. I’m basically choosing as I go.
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?
Actually, I didn’t this time. =]
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
I’ve had a couple interruptions and taken a few breaks, but I just do what I’ve got to do and keep reading as soon as I can.
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
If I’m honest, my reading speed. I’m reading much slower than usual today, but that happens and I’m not going to let it get in the way of enjoying my books.
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
Not really, this is only my second time participating, but I’ve enjoyed the read-a-thon both times and everyone involved is generally very enthusiastic.
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year?
I think next time I’ll try to go somewhere where I know there will be less distractions so I can read more.
9. Are you getting tired yet?
Nah, it’s only 8:30 my time and I’m a serious night owl. It’ll be about 4 or 5 am before I really start to feel tired.
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?
It’s probably not news to anyone, but I think the best thing to do is to enjoy what you’re reading and take a break every now and then to move around a bit.