I haven’t done a Top Ten Tuesday since I’ve been back, and even a while before I was gone, but when I saw today’s topic… I was pretty excited to jump back in!
Here are my Top Ten Favorite Romances in Books:
1. Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy from Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. This is, in my opinion, the best romance story of all time. I don’t think any explanation is even necessary, lol.
2. Brianna Concannon and Grayson Thane from Born in Ice by Nora Roberts. Born in Ice is actually the book that got me into reading romance novels. This story just really got me. I loved watching the two of them grow in such different ways and I don’t even know how many romance novels later, they remain one of my absolute favorite couples.
3. Alexia Tarabotti and Lord Conall Maccon from The Parasol Protectorate series by Gail Carriger. When a book keeps you up until 5 in the morning because you refuse to sleep until you know how it ends even though you have to get up for school and work in the morning, you know its a winner. Besides, whats not to love about a soulless spinster and Alpha werewolf in a beautifully steampunk world?
4. Rose and Dimitri from The Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead. Okay, so technically this one had a bit of a love triangle thing going on, but really I was rooting for Dimitri the whole time, even if he was infuriating in books 5 and 6.
5. Lady Julia Grey and Nicholas Brisbane from the Lady Julia Grey series by Deanna Raybourn. These two always have something exciting happening around them. By far one of my favorite couples (and book series)!
6. Marielle and Connor from Vampire Mine by Kerrelyn Sparks. Connor’s story was one that I was eagerly awaiting and it definitely didn’t disappoint! These two were kinda perfect together.
7. Eve Dallas and Roarke from the In Death series by J.D. Robb. Having just finished book two out of over 30 in the series, I’ve barely begun to scratch the surface of this relationship. For serious though, I love these two together!
8. Bella and Zsadist from Lover Awakened by J.D. Ward. This is probably the first romance novel I read with a truly tortured hero. It’s definitely stuck and I can’t even count the times I’ve revisited this story.
9. P.J. and Cole from Shades of Gray by Maya Banks. Between the competition at work and the (finally!) budding romance, it’s one of the best bookish romances out there, in my opinion.
10. Grace and Josh from Forever and a Day by Jill Shalvis. They were just so perfect together… ’nuff said.
Do you have any favorite bookish couples? Agree or disagree with any of these? Feel free to share!