The Sunday Post: March 10th
March 10, 2013 § 4 Comments
The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~ It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.
I found Kimba’s blog last month during the Wicked Valentine’s Read-a-thon, and after seeing a few Sunday Post’s decided I’d like to join in… so here’s to my first Sunday Post.
Before anything though, I’ll make an admission… I’ve actually shied away from posts like this in the past because I didn’t like the idea of setting a schedule, so to speak, for myself here. The reason being, I’m one of those people who says to expect A, B, and C this week and you would see A while B and C would be lost to the wind, yet D, E, and F which I never mentioned would be in your face. Because I’m cool like that. And I change my mind a lot.
I like to talk about bookish stuff like this though! And I like to see what bookishness other people have going on, so I want to take part. And I will, but everything that I mention for the future will be tentative, and that way when I go off the rails, it won’t be totally unexpected. Moving on…
This past week (Last Sunday included because I want it to be):
- On the blog, I posted my Monthly Rundown which included my February wrap-up and plans for March (minus talking about Women’s History Month plans because I fail).
- I participated in Musing Mondays (on Tuesday, win!), Top Ten Tuesday (where I talked about series I must read and put wayyyy too many more on the TBR reading others’ posts), and kinda whined about DST in my BTT post.
Notice how there is nothing about books I reviewed up there? That’s because I didn’t post any. Not because the reviews aren’t written. They are… they’re chilling in MS Word waiting to be shared with any curious eyes. Again, I fail. No worries though, they’ll be here starting this week.
Plans for the week ahead (Tentative!!):
- I suspect I’ll be participating in my usual Monday, Tuesday, Thursday meme-age. Such is the plan at this point.
- I’ll be posting my reviews for One Bullet Away, Rush, and Creed’s Honor as well as starting to post mini-reviews for books from the backlog
- My review for A Watershed Year by Susan Schoenberg, part of my review book catch-up, will go up.
I’m Planning to read:
- The Book of Madness and Cures by Regina O’Melveny (which I actually started last night. I’m only a few chapters in, but I’m intrigued to say the least)
- Laura Meets Jeffrey by Jeffrey Michelson and Laura Bradley
- Leviathan by Scott Westerfield
- Phantom Evil by Heather Graham
Last but not least, Bookish Loot:
I received a copy of King of the Class by Gila Green for review (thanks go to author Gila Green and Now or Never Publishing!)
Is that cover not awesome? I can’t even tell you how much time I’ve spent staring at it. Love it.
Also, I went to the library today!! =] I behaved myself though and only took out three more books!
ZOMG, yessss! I might be a little behind on the Parasol Protectorate books, but I still adore them to no end. I will follow Gail Carriger to the depths of YA and back with no issue!
As part of my Women’s History ‘celebration’ I’m going to read Naomi Wolf’s newest book, Vagina: A New Biography. Gotta say, I’m pretty hyped to read this.
I stumbled upon this as I frantically searched the library for Etiquette & Espionage. The blurb on the back says that Silver is taking werewolves to a whole new level. I love me a good wolfy story from time to time so I’m hoping it lives up to the hype.