The Sunday Post: April 7th
April 7, 2013 § 5 Comments
The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~ It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.
I’m back with my third Sunday Post! Woot!
So this week my Sunday Post is actually going to serve as my March Rundown and… well, my Sunday Post. Multitasking for the win!
Looking Back at March Reads:
March wasn’t the most impressive reading month I’ve ever had to say the least. It wasn’t the least impressive either though, so score one for me – I think.
All told, I finished eight books in March.
- One Bullet Away by Nathaniel Fick, which was amazing!
- Rush by Maya Banks, the first in the Breathless trilogy which also was amazing
- Creed’s Honor by Linda Lael Miller, which proved to be another win for her
- The Edge of Never by J.A. Redmerski, I liked this book a lot, but I may need to re-read it to gather my thoughts more before talking about it in a review.
- And from the BDSM Romance kick I went on was, With This Collar by Sierra Cartwright and the first three books in the Rescue Me series by Kallypso Masters 1. Masters at Arms, 2. Nobody’s Angel, 3. Nobody’s Hero
So that’s what I read in March, like I said… could be worse, trust. Now for the usual Sunday Post programming!
In the Last Week I’ve:
Done nothing here on the blog because when I wasn’t working or at school I was being lazypants. My b.
- The fourth book in the Rescue Me series, Nobody’s Perfect by Kallypso Masters – ’twas good!
- Fever by Maya Banks, the second in the Breathless Trilogy – also very good!
- Suicide Note by Teresa Mummert – which was… less good.
Sadly, I still haven’t finished the last three books I was reading for my last Sunday Post. Fail. And to be honest, other than those books, I haven’t really decided what to read next, so when I know, you will. OR.
Suggest some stuff… because I like suggestions. What have you liked recently? Tell me! Tell me!
This week on the blog:
I will get my crap together. Wanna know how I know? It’s cause I actually checked my email and made notes and stuffs. It means that there’s a plan! What’s that they say?….. It’s almost like I know what I’m doing. 😄
Also, since I’m off until Tuesday, I’m planning on using at least some of the next day and a half or so for a mini read-a-thon for myself, if I can ever decide what to read. I’m hoping to be able to participate in the Dewey ‘thon on the 27th, but not sure yet if I’ll be working. If I am, at least I’ll have some sort of reading marathon for myself this month.
Last but not least…
The Book Haul:
This weeks haul is actually pretty small. Only four books. But that’s okay since I have a trip to my favorite used bookstore in my near future!!! You know what that means ;D
So my recent purchases are…
Fever by Maya Banks! Which I read pretty much right away, lol. And not pictured is Rush which I already read, but didn’t have a hard copy of… so. Yeah. I’m that guy who buys books I already own.
John Dies at the End by David Wong. I randomly got a text from a friend of mine this week gushing about this book and its sequel, and I trust his word about this stuff. So I went out and bought it. I still don’t really know what it’s about.
Lastly, Beautiful Bastard by Christina Lauren. I have heard so much good and bad about this book. So much. My curiosity finally got the best of me and I just said what the hell and grabbed it. Hopefully it’ll have been worth the 15 bucks.
And that’s all for today… Any reading suggestions? Help a girl out!