Top Ten Tuesday, as always, is hosted over at The Broke and the Bookish! This weeks topic is ten words or topics that will automatically make us read or buy a book.
1. Zombies. I love me some zombies, all day, every day. Anything with a hint of zombies I just have to get my hands on.
2. Horror. I absolutely love the genre that is horror. Honestly, most of it doesn’t freak me out, but there are still amazing stories out there and when I find those gems that do give me chills… I just can’t get enough.
3. Psychological thrillers. I’m separating this from horror just because horror comes in many forms and here I’m talking specifically about the books that mess with your head. When a book pulls you in so deep you realize it’s actually messing with your brain. Love it. Love it. Love it.
4. Magic. I love pretty much anything that has to do with magic and I love all the different ways it has been written about. Two of my long time favorite series (Harry Potter and Sweep) are centered around magic and I just adore them. They’re such great books to relax to and read.
5. Mythological. Ever since I first learned about mythology in middle school I have been hooked. The myths themselves are so interesting, not to mention all of the books, movies, etc that have come of these myths. Any book that uses mythology, either following original myths or forming their own new ones, is a must have in my opinion.
6. Other worlds. I love the idea of other worlds being out there, so when a book takes place on another planet or in another universe I’m so there.
7. Romance. I am a sucker for romance. I can’t help myself. If there is rumored to be some sort of romance, I’m probably there, lol.
8. True crime/Justice. Being a criminal justice major, I have a major soft spot for stories of true crime, stories based on true crimes, and books about my and other countries justice systems. If I come across a book with any of those threads, it’s quite likely to at the very least catch my eye.
9. The brain. The brain is another of those things that I could just learn about nonstop for the rest of my life and never get sick of it. Any book that has a picture of a brain of some sort on it or mentions the human brain will get at least a few looks from me, likely before I take it home with me.
10. Kick-ass leading women. This is one of my favorite things to see in books, strong women characters, so when I see a book that looks like it has a kick-ass leading female or someone says there is one in a review, whatever the way, once I hear about it I must have it.
So there are ten things that will make me buy a book without thought. What are your auto-buy topics? Do share!