This weeks Top Ten Tuesday is all about the upcoming releases for the second half of 2022. Admittedly I’m a bit out of touch with upcoming books currently, with the exception of one book, so I’ve spent some time researching (and adding books to my TBR and trying to manage 35 open B&N tabs at a time) for this one.
1. The Golden Enclaves by Naomi Novik: Releasing 9/27/22. I recently read the first two Scholomance books and loved them so much. They are wonderful in so many ways.
2. The Book Eaters by Sunyi Dean: Releasing 8/2/22. I saw this book on a lot of Summer 2022 TBRs last week and I’m so intrigued by the premise of actually consuming books to live.
3. The First Binding by R.R. Virdi: Releasing 8/16/22. I happened upon this one during my browsing for this post. This is the first of a new series about someone who let loose the first evil.
4. What Moves the Dead by T. Kingfisher: Releasing 7/16/22. This is a retelling of The Fall of the House of Usher and I am so so here for it.
5. The Daughter of Doctor Moreau by Silvia Moreno-Garcia: Releasing 7/19/22. Another reimagining of a classic, The Island of Doctor Moreau this time. I always seem to hear great things about Silvia Moreno-Garcia and I am curious to see how this comes together.
6. The Italian Ballerina by Kristy Cambron: Releasing 7/12/22. This is a historical fiction novel about a group of people who work to save Italian Jews in occupied Italy during WWII.
7. Belladonna by Adalyn Grace: Releasing 8/30/22. This seems like a gothic mystery thriller type and it’s got my attention.
8. Soul Taken by Patricia Briggs: I’m not up to date on this series, but I did read and really like the first several books of the Mercy Thompson series and I’ve been wanting to reread and catch up on these.
I’m getting a bit cheaty for these last two, they are series that I am interested in reading, but didn’t know about until looking for new books.
9. The Wizard of Eventide by Kelley Skovron
10. Between Despair and Hope by Jess Wisecup
What are some upcoming releases you’re looking forward to?
Until next time, Happy Reading!
What Moves the Dead is getting a lot of attention this week. Definitely one I have my eye on. Hope all of these end up being great reads for you!
Book Eaters was on my list too! I forgot about Belladonna! I hope you enjoy all of these.
My Top Ten!
I hope you love The Book Eaters. I’m excited for that one, too. 🙂
My post: https://lydiaschoch.com/top-ten-tuesday-most-anticipated-books-releasing-in-the-second-half-of-2022/
What Moves the Dead was so good. I loved it on audio!
I’m so behind on Mercy Thompson I can’t even remember where I got to. It’s kinda intimidating trying to get caught up with big series. The Golden Enclaves and The Book Eaters made my list too this week.
I’m excited for THE BOOK EATERS, too. It just sounds so unique and intriguing! I hope we both love it.
Happy TTT (on a Wednesday)!
These all sound great!