Happy Tuesday! It’s time for this weeks Top Ten Tuesday, completed series that I wish had more books. Off the cuff… I’m not sure how many series I’ve actually completed AND that fit the bill… currently I have quite a few that I’m working my way through, but I do love a series. Let’s see what we come up with!
1. Shattered Realms by Cinda Williams Chima: I just read this series last month so it’s fresh in my mind and I can tell you without fail, I would read ALL THE BOOKS that occur in this world and with these characters. I had such an amazing time with this one.
2. Sweep by Cate Tiernan: I LOVED this series when I was a teenager and I reread all of the books earlier this year. I would love to see more in this series, but particularly after the last book with Morgan as an adult and as her daughter grows into her power. I’d eat that up.
3. All Souls Trilogy by Deborah Harkness: The first book in this series is SO good, and even though I have a love/hate relationship with the second and third books I really did like the characters and would love a glimpse into their lives post ‘The Book of Life’.
4. Knitting in the City by Penny Reid: These are contemporary romances that were just so witty and quirky and I had a great time reading them.
5. Lady Julia Grey by Deanna Raybourn: I didn’t love how this series closed out, but I was obsessed with the characters in this series and would happily read more books with Lady Julia.
Okay, these last five are series that I haven’t finished so I’m definitely bending the rules here, but I’m assuming I’ll want more of the story when I do finally finish them. Plus, there are A LOT of series that I’ve started and have not finished. What better way to give myself some motivation…
6. Mercy Thompson by Pamela Briggs: I haven’t picked these up in sometime, but I love Mercy Thompson’s character and I remember loving a lot about the world. I actually intend to reread the books I have read and get caught up in the nearish future (because I don’t think this is finished yet?)
7. The Scholomance by Naomi Novik: I believe this will only be a trilogy and the third book is due out the end of September, but I loved the first two and I suspect that I will want much more once I’ve read the third book.
8. Bloodlines by Richelle Mead: I feel like Vampire Academy got all the glory and as enjoyable, if at times annoying, as those books can be I really liked Bloodlines a lot more. The perspective of the Alchemists and Sydney’s struggles between what she was raised to believe and what really is was such an interesting perspective to read from.
9. Lightbringer by Brent Weeks: Why in the hell I haven’t finished this series I do not know because I devoured the first book and loved it so much. The magic in particular is so interesting in this series. I’m sure that once I finish it I will wish there was more of this world to read.
10. In the interest of really bending the rules…. A Song of Ice and Fire by George R. R. Martin: this series is not finished. Last I checked there isn’t even a confirmed release date for book six, let alone book seven, but let me tell you, there are a few characters in this book that I just love, and when it’s over I know I will want to know what happens now that all of the upheaval is resolved.
So what series do you wish there were more books in?
Until next time, Happy Reading!
Have you read Marcus’s book from The All Souls series? It’s about another character, but both Diana and Matthew make appearances in it! Deborah Harkness is working on more books in the series, but she just recently went into remission for ovarian cancer so writing took a bit of a backburner for a bit!
Not yet, I picked up a copy when I was reading the others because I knew I’d want to read his book to. I didn’t know there would be more books for him though! That’s completely understandable, there was definitely a priority there and at least she’s in remission.
Not just for him! She plans to write one for Gallowglass (my LOVE) and more about Matthew and Diana, too!
Oh man, I’m so so so here for a Gallowglass book, movie, series…. Anything really!