Happy Tuesday everyone! This weeks TTT is favorite bookstores or bookstores I’d love to visit. I am very excited for this weeks topic as I love visiting bookstores all over the world, so I’m going to do half and half this week. I’m also super excited to learn about some new bookstores to add to my list from this weeks posts!
Five of my favorite bookstores:
1. The Book Barn in Niantic, CT: This is my local-ish used bookstore and they have several locations down the main drag in Niantic. I love browsing their shelves every chance I get.
2. Boekhandel Dominicanen in Maastricht, Netherlands: This is a bookstore located in a church that is about 800 years old in Maastricht. It’s easily the most beautiful bookstore that I’ve ever been in.
3. Elizabeth’s Bookshop in Melbourne, Australia: I had a great time browsing the shelves here and this is the home of the original ‘blind date with a book’ which I love.
4. Strand Book Store in New York, NY: I don’t think that any book lover can go to NYC without drooling over the shelves upon shelves of books in The Strand.
5. Daunt Books in London, UK: I’m very sure there are plenty of bookstores I’ve yet to find in London that are also wonderful, but there is something about Daunt Books. I just love this place.
Five bookstores I want to visit:
1. El Ateneo in Buenos Aires, Argentina: This is a bookstore in a beautiful old theater in Argentina and I would love love love to visit someday.
2. Shakespeare and Company in Paris, France: This is probably one of the most famous bookstores in the world if I had to guess and I cannot wait to get there.
3. Powell’s City of Books in Portland, OR: This is the world’s largest independent bookstore, who wouldn’t want to visit?
4. Elliot Bay Book Company in Seattle, WA: Every picture I’ve seen of this bookstore is beautiful. The inside is all hardwood and exposed beams and of course there are books everywhere.
5. Livraria Lello in Porto, Portugal: This is another bookstore that looks gorgeous, and honestly, I don’t even care about needing to queue to visit!
That’s all for now, though I could go on! Have you been to any of these stores? Are there any that you recommend?
Until next time, Happy Reading!
OOO I love the Strand! Here is my list:
Strand Book Store has been such a popular pick this week!
My post: https://lydiaschoch.com/top-ten-tuesday-fictional-bookstores-id-love-to-visit/
Yes, it’s a great place!
I have not been to any of these bookstores and I have only heard of them as I have been reading everyone’s lists! My post: https://cindysbookcorner.blogspot.com/2022/10/top-ten-tuesday-physical-books-i-own.html
Never heard of Daunt Books but I enjoyed book shopping in London when I used to work there. Within about a 10 minute walk of my office there were lots of specialist bookstores – everything from Theatre and Movies, to Music, to Military, Art, and more, plus a sprinkling of those bookshops where you never know what you might find!
Interesting! So I always assumed that everyone in London knew about Daunt Books because anytime I talk about London bookshops that’s one of the first ones that comes up!
London is amazing for finding all kinds of great shops. I feel like no matter what you’re looking for you can find it in London. I just love it.