The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~ It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.
Hi all! So this is going to be a bit of a two week wrap-up. Woot!
In the past two weeks:
I participated in the Bout of Books read-a-thon. Unfortunately my performance was much less than I would have liked it to be, but sometimes my reading just isn’t what it could be. I’m sure most readers have times like that though. I think in the end I finished up with 2 books read, 1 novella read, and 2 other books started. I read a total of somewhere in the neighborhood of 700 pages during that week.
I also posted three book reviews this week…
- Silver by Rhiannon Held
- Beautiful Bastard by Christina Lauren
- One Bullet Away: The Making of a Marine Officer by Nathaniel Fick
Silver and One Bullet Away were major wins while Beautiful Bastard was in that not bad, but not great category.
I’ve been really touch and go with reading in the last week. Unfortunately work has been kicking my ass so I’ve pretty much been coming home and doing nothing… except buying books… lots of books. As for what I’ve been reading, I’ve been tackling Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs and Bloodlines by Richelle Mead. Both books are good thus far.
I’m really hoping to improve my reading this week. I have two whole days off this week right next to each other! It’s almost like an actual weekend! That should be good recuperation and reading time right there. I’d like to finish Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children and Bloodlines and dig into some of these new books I’ve gotten. So much awesomeness waiting to be had!
The book haul:
My favorite part! I love book hauls. Even though my reading may have recently suffered, my book buying certainly hasn’t! Shocker, I know. So in the past two weeks I’ve bought (and I apologize ahead of time for bad pictures)…
-Sucker’s Portfolio by Kurt Vonnegut
– Junior by Macaulay Culkin: I had no clue Macaulay Culkin wrote a book. None. When I saw it, I had to have it. Say what you want about him, but the 90s kid in me will never hate him. =]
– This is Your Brain on Music by Daniel Levitin: OMFG – so psyched for this. I can’t wait!
– The Mongoliad: Book One by Various Authors: This is trilogy that’s a compilation from like seven or eight different Sci-fi/fantasy authors. It looks really interesting and for just a few bucks I figured it wouldn’t hurt to give it a go.
– Ettiquette & Espionage by Gail Carriger: Pretty sure this requires no words.
– Picking Cotton by Jennifer Thompson and Ronald Cotton: We discussed this book in one of my classes this semester and I kept thinking about it so I bought it.
– The Law of Nines by Terry Goodkind: I’ve seen Goodkind’s name a lot, but never checked out his work. I got this hardback for two bucks, so why not give it a whirl?
– How to Be a Woman by Caitlin Moran: I’ve heard lots of great things about this book so it was past time for me to get a copy.
– Man in the Empty Suit by Sean Ferrell: The premise of this book sounds frickin’ awesomesauce! Simple as that.
– Numbers by Rachel Ward: I actually got a free copy of the second book in this series from Scholastic completely by surprise (thanks Scholastic!) so I finally got the first book so I can read them.
– Distant Waves by Suzanne Weyn
– Unholy Night by Seth Grahame-Smith: I went on a Seth Grahame-Smith binge this week. No lie.
– Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahame-Smith: Forgot to include this one in the picture… lols.
– Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Jane Austen and Seth Grahame-Smith: Told you so. So yes, I already have this book, but this new one? It’s a gorgeous hardback edition with new paintings in it and stuffs… and I paid less than two bucks for it… so yeah.
– Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: Dawn of the Dreadfuls: I haven’t read this one yet, so that was another one that I figured it was past time.
– The Fire Rose by Mercedes Lackey
– Immanuel’s Veins by Ted Dekker
– The Book of Madness and Cures by Regina O’Melveny: I read most of this but had to return it to the library, but I loved what I read so much that I willingly forked over the dough for a new hardback copy. Oh yeah.
– Unwind by Neal Schusterman: This book sounds so good. I don’t even care that it’s not my usual genre.
– And the Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini: I fangirled so hard. So. hard. When I found out he had a new book coming out. Sadly I didn’t get to go meet him this past week when he was in my state, but I did get a pre-ordered signed copy so I’ll content myself with that. So psyched for this book! Bring on the feels.
That’s everything so, Happy Reading!