There are so many different reading challenges out there on the web, and I like to give some of them a try. There are also personal ‘challenges’ that I have been working on, some more diligently than others. Here is where information can be found about them.
- Oldies, but Goodies Challenge: Classics and timeless novels
- E-Book Reading Challenge: How many e-books can you read in a year?
- Outdo Yourself Challenge: Can you read more during 2011 than you did in 2010?
- Men in Uniform Challenge: What uniform do you like your men dressed in?
- Vintage Mystery Challenge: Who-dun-its? pre-1960
- Off the Shelf Challenge: Reading only the books you acquired before January 1, 2011
- Non-Fiction Reading Challenge: Read a non-fiction book from up to nine different categories
I know that I love to read, but I also have a bad case of being a workaholic, so I refer to these as personal challenges. Just a note, as these are my personal challenges, they are perpetual. I don’t have a set date to finish them by.
- 1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die: A few years back I came across this list and decided that I was going to read every book on the list. I still have quite a ways to go.
- Pride and Prejudice Sequels/Variations: My attempt to read almost all of the Pride and Prejudice books out there.
- Edgar Award: Best Fact Crime: All of the books that have won and been nominated for the Edgar Allan Poe Award for Best Fact Crime
- Banned Books: Books from all around the world that have been challenged, censored, or banned.
- ALS: College Bound Reading List: Certain titles considered must reads for college age kids