Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books of 2013 (So Far)
June 25, 2013 § 5 Comments
With it being Tuesday, I figure no better way to get back in my blogging saddle than to do a Top Ten Tuesday!
This week it’s my top ten books I’ve read so far this year.
1. One Bullet Away by Nathaniel Fick… This book was just so good because it was so real, honest, and in your face. Regardless of the sometimes heavy subject matter, it’s such a good book.
2. Silver by Rhiannon Held… I wasn’t sure what to expect from this book when I started reading it, but I was very happy to have really enjoyed it when I did finally read it. There were so many different aspects that caught my attention that I can’t wait to read the next book.
3. Containment by Christian Cantrell… Even with the issues that I had with the ending of this book, I really enjoyed this part of my sci-fi exploration.
4. The Original Sinners books by Tiffany Reisz… So this is kind of cheating, putting three books together, but that’s okay. These books were so disturbing and shocking and I couldn’t get enough. These books are definitely not for everyone, but I loved them. Only one more month until book 4 too! Weeeee!
5. Shades of Gray by Maya Banks… I adore Banks’s books and her KGI series is no exception. Shades of Gray though… this book was gritty on a whole new level. So frickin’ good!
6. A Watershed Year by Susan Schoenberger… this might be cheating too since it’s a re-read, but I absolutely love this book. The story and writing just get me every time.
7. Rogue Rider by Larissa Ione… It’s always sad to see a series go, but this last book was just so epic. Loved it.
8. The Magicians Nephew by C.S. Lewis… The founding of Narnia? How can you not love that?
9. The Edge of Never by J.A. Redmerski… This was the first New Adult book I read when I was extremely hesitant about the genre. I was pleasantly surprised to love this story.
10. Mr. Darcy’s Refuge by Abigail Reynolds… I’ve been on a bit of a Pride & Prejudice variation kick recently and this book is by far one of my favorites that I’ve read so far.
So, that concludes my list of favorites so far in 2013. Have you read any of these? Feel the same or different? What are your tops reads so far this year? Feel free to share!