As always, Musing Mondays is hosted over at Should Be Reading:
Musing Mondays asks you to muse about one of the following each week…
• Describe one of your reading habits.
• Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
• What book are you currently desperate to get your hands on? Tell us about it!
• Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.
• Do you have a bookish rant? Something about books or reading (or the industry) that gets your ire up? Share it with us!
• Instead of the above questions, maybe you just want to ramble on about something else pertaining to books — let’s hear it, then!
I’m just going to mention my current read right now which is…
So, last night I couldn’t decide what I wanted to read, and I didn’t want to start anything heavy so I decided to crack into Beautiful Bastard by Christina Lauren. I finally picked up a copy last week because I was really curious to see what it was about and I’d heard lots of contradicting things about it. I’m only five chapters in, but so far it’s definitely the fluffy read I was looking for. Beyond that I don’t really have much of an opinion yet, though I am noticing some trends and it’ll be interesting to see if they hold throughout the book.
What are you reading right now? I’d love to know!
It has an intriguing cover. I’m looking forward to reading your thoughts about it when you are finished.
The cover is actually one of the first things about the book that caught my attention. I totally agree with you there.
Reading Right Now:
Past Caring by Robert Goddard. This is my 3rd book of his and is very good so far (159 pages in). Like his other two books I’ve read this is about the fascination – and danger – of uncovering past events best hidden.
Atheism: A Guide for the Perplexed by Kerry Walters. This is a nice change from the other polemical books out ATM about Atheism. So far (67 pages in), so calm and even handed.
I just browsed through some of Robert Goddard’s stuff on Goodreads, it looks likes he’s got some interesting books out there. Definitely going to keep an eye out during my next bookstore trip.
As for the book on Atheism, I’ll look out for your thoughts on it. Atheism/religion in general is one of the toughest things to write about and do well if you ask me so it’s always nice to see a book on the topic well done.
Nearly picked this up the other day. Enjoy! Here’s my musing: http://daystarz.wordpress.com/2013/04/08/what-im-reading/